What does phoenix, salamander and fire symbolize throughout the novel?
– What did mildred do at the beginning of the novel? why do you she did it?
– How was Clarisse different from eveyrone else? what happened to her?
– What happend to the old woman? What was the effect on montag?
– What ahppended when montag read a poem to Mildred and her friends?
– Where did montag hide the books in his house? what did Captain Beatty do about it? How did mntag react?
– What is the plan montag and Faber come up with? What does Montag do as he is running from his burnt house Faber’s house?
– Where do the book people live? How do yhey keep books alive?
– What haooens to the city at the end of the book?
? Favorite Answer
phoenix represents something that survives fire, as Montag eventually (metaphorically) does.
salamander has an affinity for fire so would represent those who love burning books
Fire of course is the State’s preferred method of censorship.
This should help with the rest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_